Cadence Computing Ltd is a Data Processor for any personal information that you enter about other people. In this case you will become a Data Controller for GDPR purposes, using us as your Data Processor. Our Data Handling policy outlines what measures we take to keep that data safe, accessible and GDPR compliant on your behalf and can be viewed at https://www.magic5software.com/data-handling-policy/.
What personally identifiable information is collected
Cadence Computing Ltd requires certain contact information to give users access to magic5 Software on devices and in the online portal. This information may or may not be personal (for example, names in email addresses) but, as we cannot know in advance, we will treat all such information as if it was personal.
Information is collected directly from yourself either by entering it when registering for magic5 Software or by telling us directly. On rare occasions, a public domain website might be used to obtain a phone number, email address or other information in order to provide our service to you.
How and why we collect your information
Personal information may be collected when you register for a magic5 Trial in the form of a name and email address.
This is used to set up a unique login and to enable completed forms, alerts, password resets and other service communications to be sent to you. This is legitimate due to the implicit service contract between you and us.
We will also require further contact details (such as administrator’s name and company address) for administrative purposes. This is also aimed at providing a service and we will use this information:
- for billing purposes and to fulfil your order,
- to contact you if there are any problems fulfilling your order,
- to contact you regarding technical support issues,
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts,
- to statistically analyse site usage,
- to improve our content and product offerings and
- to customise our site’s content, layout, and services in order to improve our site and better meet our users’ needs.
This information may also be used to contact you about magic5 Software services that may be of interest to you through newsletters and occasional emails.
You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the email or contacting us directly on the details below.
Cadence Computing Ltd collects cookies on the website www.magic5software.com. Our policy can be viewed at https://www.magic5software.com/cookies-policy/.
Information sharing and disclosure
Cadence Computing Ltd does not share data as part of its business practice and will not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party.
However, in the event of a business transfer such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or a portion of Cadence Computing Ltd’s assets, your personally identifiable information may be disclosed as part of that transaction. This will only be to the extent permitted by law.
We use Service Providers, including a UK hosting service, who may need access to personally identifiable data as part of the service they provide to resolve support issues. These include
- UK Fast (Manchester) – https://www.ukfast.co.uk/terms/privacy-policy.html#setupoption
- Jungle Disk (EU server) – https://www.jungledisk.com/privacy/
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
Data is retained on the server, being flagged as deleted rather than actually deleted, while still being present in the database. This is necessary to sustain the integrity of historical data as part of our service to you. Data is also retained after termination of a system but, on request, personal details can be redacted.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights include:
- Access – you may have the right to access and receive a copy of personal information held about you by contacting Cadence Computing Ltd on the details below
- Change, restrict, delete – you may have rights to change, restrict my use of, or remove your personal information. Other than in exceptional circumstances, Cadence Computing will redact all personal information on request.
- Object – you can object to Cadence Computing Ltd processing of some of your information based on legitimate business interests and/or receiving marketing messages after providing your express consent to received them. In such cases Cadence Computing Ltd will redact your personal information unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain – if you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about Cadence Computing Ltd’s use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have) you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
- Phone : +44 117 971 2050
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post : Cadence Computing Ltd. 199 Wells Road, Bristol, UK BS4 2DB
 A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data
 A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller